Tomi Ahonen (blogger, author, speaker etc) has been crunching numbers and has come up with the world's largest companies in mobile, having stripped away other revenues. No small task.
For companies such as Apple, Ahonen only includes revenues from mobile handsets, not portable computers such as iPads (which seems logical). To emphasize the point companies are referred to as mobile, mobil or wireless, rather than by the registered company name e.g. Google Mobile, rather than Google.
Rank 2011 (2010)
Type of business
Telecom Italia Mobile
Google Mobile (including Motorola)
Source: TomiAhonen Almanac 2012
• If you like stats, you’ll love The big compendium of global mobile stats.
• Most popular content on mobiThinking in 2011
• Mobile events 2012: best conferences, great discounts and free tickets
• 19 video interviews with leading mobile experts
• The insider’s guide to mobile device security
• The mobile city project – the blueprint of a truly mobilized city
• The insider’s guide to device detection
• The insiders' guides to world’s greatest mobile markets
• Guide to mobile agencies
• Guide to mobile ad networks
• Guide to mobile industry awards
• The big compendium of global mobile stats
© mobiThinking. Feel free to reference, quote or paraphrase parts of mobiThinking articles, clearly stating and linking to mobiThinking as the source, but reprinting or republishing the whole or substantial parts of the piece without permission will not be tolerated. Please see mobiThinking’s legal statement.