Video: Using mobile to tap into millions of Live Nation concert-goers. Russell Wallach, Live Nation Network
47 Million fans attended a Live Nation concert in 2010. The vast majority of those have a mobile. Find out how Live Nation uses mobile to engage with concert-goers before, during and after the event.
Live Nation is riding the mobile wave; each month it sees over 8 million music lovers visit its mobile sites, while the app delivers US $10s of millions in m-commerce revenues. At Live Nation shows mobile provides a whole host of opportunities for fans and sponsors alike. Fans can purchase snacks and beverages via mobile and can opt in to receive discounts for concessions. Text-led promotions give fans the chance to win a meeting with the band backstage or vote for what the encore should be, even to chat with the band via instant messenger.
In this in-depth interview Russell Wallach, President, Live Nation Network, answers the following questions:
0.14 How does Live Nation use mobile to connect with concert-goers?
1.06 What proportion of your customers use mobile to engage with you today?
1.51 Why is mobile such a key channel for music events?
2.54 What are the opportunities for bands to engage with fans?
3.31 What sort of mobile services are music-lovers demanding today?
4.26 How do you hope to reach all music fans on the array of devices they use?
There are ten video interviews in this series
There are ten video interviews in the North America mobile experts series:
• Meeting the needs of mobile customers with mobile Web/HTML5 – Stephen Gates, Starwood Hotels
• What should brands develop first – mobile Web or mobile app? Chet Fenster, MEC Entertainment
• Weather Channel’s guide to targeted mobile advertising – Scott Jensen, Weather Channel
• What marketers need to know about mobile in China – Jia Zheng, AKQA
• Fostering shopper loyalty with mobile retail – Matt Martin, Sam’s Club
• The dos and don’ts of mobile marketing to minority groups – Professor Neal Burns, University of Texas
• How device detection helps Smart AdServer target ads at mobile devices – Sandrine Cardi, Smart AdServer
• Your customers are mobile, are you? Mike Yonker, Rockfish
• Insights into mobile advertising from a mobile ad exchange – John Phenix, Nexage
For the European perspective see the European mobile experts series
• Be the first to know about mobiThinking guides, competitions etc… follow mobiThinking on Twitter: @mobithinking.
And don’t miss:
• The mobile city project – the blueprint of a truly mobilized city
• The insider’s guide to mobile device security.
• The insider’s guide to device detection
• The insiders' guides to world’s greatest mobile markets
• Guide to mobile agencies
• Guide to mobile ad networks
• Guide to mobile industry awards
• The big compendium of global mobile stats
© mobiThinking. Feel free to reference, quote and paraphrase mobiThinking articles, clearly stating and linking to mobiThinking as the source, but reprinting or republishing the whole piece without permission will not be tolerated.