Video: The dos and don’ts of mobile marketing to minority groups. Professor Neal M. Burns, University of Texas
The effectiveness of mobile marketing depends on the ability to narrowcast, as opposed to broadcast, a pertinent message to a defined group that is contextually relevant, based on location, time-of-day and social setting, while conforming to ethical standards.
In this interview Professor Neal M. Burns, director, Center for Brand Research, Department of Advertising, University of Texas at Austin, answers the following questions:
0:15 What makes mobile a great platform for engaging minority groups?
2:00 Do different ethnic groups respond to mobile campaigns differently?
3:30 Does targeting campaigns towards each group deliver better results?
4:35 What are the dos and don’ts of campaigns that target minorities?
6:25 Which brands are getting this right?
There are ten video interviews in the North America mobile experts series:
• Using mobile to tap into millions of concert-goers – Russell Wallach, Live Nation Network
• What marketers need to know about mobile in China – Jia Zheng, AKQA
• Meeting the needs of mobile customers with mobile Web/HTML5 – Stephen Gates, Starwood Hotels
• What should brands develop first – mobile Web or mobile app? Chet Fenster, MEC Entertainment
• Weather Channel’s guide to targeted mobile advertising – Scott Jensen, Weather Channel
• Fostering shopper loyalty with mobile retail – Matt Martin, Sam’s Club
• The dos and don’ts of mobile marketing to minority groups – Professor Neal Burns, University of Texas
• How device detection helps Smart AdServer target ads at mobile devices – Sandrine Cardi, Smart AdServer
• Your customers are mobile, are you? Mike Yonker, Rockfish
• Insights into mobile advertising from a mobile ad exchange – John Phenix, Nexage
For the European perspective see the European mobile experts series
• Be the first to know about mobiThinking guides, competitions etc… follow mobiThinking on Twitter: @mobithinking.
And don’t miss:
• The mobile city project – the blueprint of a truly mobilized city
• The insider’s guide to mobile device security.
• The insider’s guide to device detection
• The insiders' guides to world’s greatest mobile markets
• Guide to mobile agencies
• Guide to mobile ad networks
• Guide to mobile industry awards
• The big compendium of global mobile stats
© mobiThinking. Feel free to reference, quote and paraphrase mobiThinking articles, clearly stating and linking to mobiThinking as the source, but reprinting or republishing the whole piece without permission will not be tolerated.