Video: What is mobile government or m-government? Nick Jones, PM's Office and COI talks to mobiThinking
People are using mobile everyday to manage their lives and to communicate with friends and colleagues, so it makes sense for governments to use mobile to communicate with citizens, says the UK Prime Minister’s top digital advisor.
Nick Jones, head of digital, UK Prime Minister's Office and Cabinet Office and director of interactive services, COI, answers the following questions in this interview:
0.04 What is mobile government or m-government?
0.18 Why is it important for the government to engage with citizens via mobile?
0.40 Why is mobile Web an important part of m-government?
0.56 What examples are there of m-government in action today?
1.26 What should we expect in terms of m-government over the next few years?
1.47 What are your tips for best practice in m-government?
2.23 What are the pitfalls of m-government?
There are nine video interviews in this series:
• How mobile Web should fit into your digital strategy – ILICCO ELIA, head of mobile, LBi
• Autotrader: lessons from a decade on the mobile Web – Amy Gale, Autotrader Mobile
• Five top tips for a great mobile Website – Phillip Clement, Bemoko
• Why HTML5 changes everything – Dimitrios Kontarinis, VP of innovation, Velti
• Mobile’s role in the advertising world – Russ Lidstone, CEO, Euro RSCG
• Device Atlas powers device detection on the Adfonic mobile ad network – Wes Biggs, Adfonic; Eileen O'Sullivan, dotMobi
• Want to engage young people? Think mobile Web – Christian Louca, YOC
• What is mobile government or m-government? – Nick Jones, head of digital, PM's Office and COI
• What is a mobile affiliate network? – Vianney Settini, MobPartner
• Be the first to know about mobiThinking news, guides, competitions etc… follow mobiThinking on Twitter: @mobithinking.
And don’t miss:
• What makes EMEA the world’s most exciting mobile market? Interview with Paul Berney, MD, MMA EMEA
• Compelling content: tips for making useful, sticky mobile Web sites and apps (part 1)
• The mobile city project – the blueprint of a truly mobilized city
• The insider’s guide to device detection: give your Website visitors the site they deserve
• The insiders' guides to world’s greatest mobile markets • Latest country guide: Brazil
• Guide to mobile ad networks
• Guide to mobile agencies
• Guide to mobile industry awards
• The big compendium of global mobile stats