The good folks at Mobile Money Asia have sent in two background briefings on mobile money in Malaysia and Singapore to help everyone get in the mood for the conference that takes place on January 28-31, 2013 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The Malaysia guide was published December 2012, so is right up to date. The Singapore guide was published a year ago, but is still worth a read. Download them by clicking on the link above or below.
The organizers have also donated two conference tickets to give away in a competition. The winners will be the first two readers to send us the correct answers to the questions below. (Update January 21: these tickets are still waiting to be won. Surely the questions aren’t that difficult?)
According to the Malaysia guide:
Q1) The report describes Malaysia as the “Turkey of the East”, because both countries: A) Are great places to run mobile-money pilots; B) Have a similar numbers of mobile subscribers; C) both famous for belly dancing?
Q2) The Maxis Aircash Wallet allows customers to send money from their mobile phone to which counries: A) Philippines, Indonesia and Bangladesh? B) China, India and Indonesia? C) India, Indonesia and Singapore?
According to the Singapore guide:
Q3) Singapore was one of the first countries to introduce a nationwide standard for electronic smartcards to ensure consumers only need one card for micropayments nationwide whether for transportation or retail. This standard is called: A) SEPASS; B) CEPAS; C) SHERPAS.
Q4) The Singapore Government pledged that there would be how many retail points and taxis accepting mobile payment by mid-2012: A) 5,000; B) 10,000 or C) 20,000?
And from the Mobile Money Asia Website:
Q5) The Mobile Money Asia Conference takes place on January 28-31, but at what location, was it the: A) Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur; B) Marriot Renaissance Hotel Kuala Lumpur, KL; or C) DoubleTree Hilton Hotel, Kuala Lumpur?
Email your answers to editor(at)mobiThinking.com.
If you don’t win, don’t despair because mobiThinking readers can save 20 percent on this conference with the discount code ASIAMOBIT.
• What makes mobile critical for customer engagement in Latin America? Interview with André Andrade, MEF
• Top tips on building and marketing your mobile site in China
• Most popular content on mobiThinking in 2012
• Strategies for securing the enterprise in a BYOD world
• The insiders' guides to world’s greatest mobile markets • New in-depth country guides to: • Nigeria • Kenya •
• There are one billion smartphones in use in the world – that’s all folks
• Guide to mobile agencies • Latest agency profile: • The Hyperfactory •
• Guide to mobile industry awards • Check out the video case studies: • Emmas • WSA Mobile •
• Guide to mobile ad networks 2012 • with 5 new ad networks •
• Mobile events 2012 • best conferences, great discounts and free tickets •
• 19 video interviews with leading mobile experts
• The big compendium of global mobile stats
© mobiThinking. Feel free to reference, quote or paraphrase parts of mobiThinking articles, clearly stating and linking to mobiThinking as the source, but reprinting or republishing the whole or substantial parts of the piece without permission will not be tolerated. Please see mobiThinking’s legal statement.