Mobile events 2014: best mobile conferences, great discounts and free tickets – mobile marketing, mobile Web, m-commerce…
* July: Mobile Media Summit (Chicago) * August: MMA Forum (Shanghai) * September: Mobile Innovation Europe Summit (London) * September: Mobile Web Africa * October: Mobile Shopping (Phoenix) * November: Open Mobile Summit (San Francisco) * Apps World Europe (London).
Planning which mobile events to attend in 2014? You’ve come to the right place. This is our pick of mobile conferences from the North America, Latin America, Asia, Europe and Africa and we’ve also negotiated some great discounts and, from time-to-time, free tickets to give away. This is not your usual mobile events list.
• Event organizers of mobile marketing, mobile Web, mobile payments and m-commerce conferences interested in media partnerships, please contact: editor (at) mobiThinking.com.
Great mobile events from mobiThinking partners:
* When: July 29, 2014.
* Where: Chicago, USA.
* Organized by: Mobile Media Summit.
* Who’s speaking: Leo Burnett; Telemetrics; DDB; OMD;
MediaVest; Mindshare; GroupM Interaction; AdColony; Rocket Fuel; YP Mobile Labs; Ansible Mobile; SMG; Millennial Media; Tapad.
* Read this: Q&A: Matt Biespiel, McDonald’s
* How much: US $995 to $2,500.
* mT reader offer: Save 10 percent with discount code “MOBI10”.
* Brand marketers may qualify for a free pass.
* When: August 14, 2014.
* Where: Shanghai, China.
* Organized by: Mobile Marketing Association.
* Who’s speaking: Details to follow.
* How much: Details to follow.
* Early bird ends: Details to follow.
* mT reader offer: Save 15 percent with discount code “mobiTHNK_2014”
* Brand marketers may qualify for a free pass.
* When: September 9-10t, 2014.
* Where: London, UK.
* Organized by: KCC Events.
* Who’s speaking: Just Eat; EE; Somo Global; Rovio; Spotify; Razorfish; The Box/Channel 4; Manning Gottlieb OMD; Orange; Swiftkey; Aimia; Hotwire; Salesforce.Com; Daily Mail Group; SAP; Blippar; Adobe; Smaato.
* How much: £1,295.
* mT reader offer: save 10 percent with discount code “mobithinking10”.
* When: October 06-08, 2014.
* Where: Phoenix, AZ, USA.
* Organized by: Worldwide Business Research.
* Who’s speaking: Avon Cosmetics; Whole Foods; JCPenney; Calvin Klein; Kohl's; Urban Outfitters; Sears; PepsiCo; AutoTrader.com; Toms; Travelocity; Green Mountain Coffee; Time; Fargo; Nordstrom; Kellogg’s; Yelp; Forrester Research; Twitter; Lenovo; Viceroy Hotel Group.
* How much: US$999 to $1299.
* Early bird ends: July 31; august 31; Sept 30.
* mT reader offer: Save 25 percent with discount code “MSS14MBT25”
* When: September, 10-11, 2014.
* Where: Johannesburg, South Africa.
* Organized by: All Amber.
* Who’s speaking: Tomi Ahonen; Praekelt Digital; Retroviral; GamesGrabr; Stuff Magazine; Mob 76; Saya; Africori; Gbamm!
* Read this: What is the future of mobile? Q&A with Tomi Ahonen
* How much: R7000 (with early bird) to R8500.
* Early bird ends:
* mT reader offer: Details to follow.
* When: November 10-11, 2014.
* Where: San Francisco, US.
* Organized by: Open Mobile Media.
* Who’s speaking: AKQA; American Express; American Eagle Outfitters; CBS Interactive; Citizen; ESPN; Expedia.com; Forrester; Fox; Glu; Google; HTC; Hulu; LG Electronics; LinkedIn; Lopez Research; OpenMarket; R/GA; Razorfish; Saatchi and Saatchi; Scale Venture VC; Sears; Shazam; Shopkick;
Verizon Wireless; Waze.
* How much: $1395 (with early bird) to $1995.
* Earlybird ends: 25th July, 2014.
* mT reader offer: Save $100 with discount code “2515MT”.
* When: November 12-13, 2014.
* Where: London, UK.
* Organized by: Six Degrees Events.
* Who’s speaking: Unilever, BBC, Telegraph Media Group, Freesat, Carat, O2, Just-Eat Group, EE, Deutsche Telekom, Fox, Tesco, Orange, Groupon, Ticketmaster, Channel 4, Sky News, Thomson Reuters, Weather Company, Strategy Analytics, Moss Bros, British Gas, ITV.
* Free workshops: Developer; Droid; Enterprise; Tech; Gaming.
* Paid workshops: HTML5; Mobile Marketing; Payment; TV; API strategies.
* How much: Free to UK £1025.
* Early bird ends: Aug 12; Oct 1, 2014.
* mT reader offer: save 15 percent with discount code “MOBI15”.
Past partner events:
• Mobile + Web Developer Conference • App Promotion Summit London • Read this: The insiders’ guide to mobile app promotion. • Mobile Media Summit London • Read this: What do brands need from mobile and agencies? • MLOVE ConFestival Europe • Read this: The insider’s guide to mobile Web marketing in Germany • Enterprise Apps World • Mobile and Social Enterprise • MMA Forum Singapore • The Open Mobile Summit • Mobile Media Upfront New York • Mobile West Africa • MMA Forum New York • Mobile Media Summit Los Angeles • Mobile Media Summit at Mobile World Congress • Mobile Marketing Strategies Summit • Mobile East Africa • Mobile+Web DevCon • Mobile Money and Digital Payments Asia 2014 • Mobile Media Summit San Francisco • MEF Global Forum and Meffy Awards • Read this: 2013 Meffy winners with video case studies. • App Promotion Summit Berlin • Read this: The insiders’ guide to mobile app promotion • Enterprise Mobility: BYOD • MMA Forum EMEA 2013 • The Open Mobile Summit USA and Appcelerate • The Mobile Show Africa • GMIC Silicon Valley • Read this: Q&A with Yu Yongfu, chairman & CEO, UCWeb • App Promotion Summit • Augmented Reality AR Summit • BYOX World Forum • • The Mobile Convention Amsterdam Mobile Payments & NFC World Summit 2013 • Apps World North America • M-Days
• Sorry, we had to turn comments of on this guide due excessive spam comments, if you have a comment, or would like to see your mobile event included here, please email the mobiThinking editor, Andy Favell, on: editor (at) mobiThinking.com.
• Be the first to know when mobiThinking adds new stats, guides, competitions etc follow mobiThinking on Twitter: @mobithinking or via the RSS feed.
• What do brands need from mobile and what sort of agency is best to deliver this for them?
• Revealed: mobile banking customers at world’s largest banks – the huge, the tiny and the AWOL
• The 10 ways mobile search is different: implications for your mobile Web/search strategy
• US consumers will spend more time on mobile devices than PCs in 2014: three hours a day. When will marketers catch up?
• EU unfetters the mobile Web, with plan to scrap roaming fees in Europe. When will the rest of the world follow?
• Guide to mobile industry awards • Latest video case studies: Cannes Lions
• The insiders' guides to worlds greatest mobile markets • Latest: Brazil
• Mobile marketing resources: links to the most useful places on the Web (2014 update)
• Mobile SEO best practices for 2014
• Next-generation mobile ads: What is a demand-side platform (DSP) and real-time bidding (RTB)?
• Guide to mobile agencies
• Guide to mobile ad networks
• Mobile events 2014 • best conferences, great discounts and free tickets •
• The big compendium of global mobile stats
• Most popular content on mobiThinking in 2013
Image credits: teaser image – silhouette of the person among public ©: LANTERIA via Shutterstock.com.
© mobiThinking. Feel free to reference, quote or paraphrase parts of mobiThinking articles, clearly stating and linking to mobiThinking as the source, but reprinting or republishing the whole or substantial parts of the piece without permission will not be tolerated. Please see mobiThinkings legal statement.